The Board of Directors of the Avon Theatre Film Center, Stamford’s independent film house, is currently seeking a highly qualified individual to be the Executive Director of this dynamic non-profit organization. This position will report to the Center’s Board of Directors and have overall strategic, development, fiscal and operational responsibility for the organization. Additionally, this role will have oversight of Avon’s staff, programs, expansion and execution of its mission and vision.
Leadership & Management
- Set and manage the Avon’s operating plan and annual budget and deliver financial resourcing and oversight to achieve and exceed annual budgetary needs. Spearhead sound management and financial practices.
- Lead development of and execute a long-term strategic growth plan that includes a capital campaign for restoration and expansion. Provide creativity and leadership for executing this plan in a consistent, timely manner.
- Provide oversight of signature events and all year-round programs.
- Actively engage and energize Avon’s individual donors, corporate sponsors, members, staff, volunteers, board members, and partnering organizations.
- Represent the organization as a confident ambassador of the Avon’s mission, and as a leader in the Stamford community.
Fundraising & Communication
- Lead strategic planning to approach all aspects of fundraising.
- Solidify and expand the organization’s financial base of support through direct leadership, and active pursuit of individual major donor gifts, grants, and corporate sponsorships.
- Build key relationships within the City of Stamford, such as Chamber of Commerce, Mayor’s office, Stamford Downtown Association, corporations, and law firms.
- Identify new funding sources for all existing programs.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach, manage and develop high-performance staff, set, and achieve strategic objectives, prioritize, and manage budgets.
- Ability to point to specific examples of having developed and executed strategies that resulted in organizational and financial growth.
- Quantifiable fundraising success with major gifts/grants/corporate sponsorships
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Prior experience managing finances and operational budgets <$2,000,000
- Strong sales, public speaking, networking, and negotiating skills; ability to connect with many different audiences and community partners.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Prior non-profit experience preferred.
- Passion for film and community, and a strong connection to the Avon’s mission.
- Work in on-site location (272 Bedford St, Stamford) & Corporate Office (8 Sound Shore Dr, Greenwich) with frequent evening and weekend events.
Have we described a role that you have been seeking, along with a set of skills you possess? If so, we’d like to hear from you immediately.
Salary starting at $150,000 + with Benefits. The actual salary offer will consider a wide range of factors, including skills and experience.
The Avon is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/H/V
The Executive Director search is being managed by OperationsInc, a Human Resources Outsourcing and Consulting firm. Since 2001, OperationsInc has been supporting a base of over 1,400 clients with their diverse and evolving HR needs.
For further information and to submit your resume, please contact:
Michelle Kolev (she/her/hers)
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
t: (203) 322-0538 | d: (203) 956-6516
383 Main Avenue | Fourth Floor | Norwalk, CT 06851